There are no upcoming events.
Tagsalert baptist brown childrens christmas coupon creek database direct directmail director donate donor Donor Spotlight drive form gofundme hacked issue launching lener lisa mail merry ministry nonprofit NY officially organization patience patiencewhile sandy spa spotlight stephanie submission town williamsville work
Join Our Team
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Satellite Office for Coups For Troops. Below are some tips and points to be considered before deciding. This is a big time commitment, so we do ask that you consider these points and ask any questions before you agree. We are here every step of the way to help you regardless of your decision, and as support once you become a satellite.
Here are some things you should know:
- Donors from all over the country could possible inundate you with mail. Be prepared. At times the mail will come in huge boxes that needs to be sorted or cut, other times you might only get a couple envelopes. It will vary from week to week.
- Find volunteers in your area that can help you open mail and cut coupon inserts. Assisted living facilities, VFWs, scout troops, and church groups are great places to start.
- Your address will be added to our list of locations on our Facebook page and our website. But we do not encourage people to drop off coupons to your residence.
- For personal security reasons, some of our satellite location coordinators decided to purchase a PO box, in lieu of using their home address.
- We provide each satellite or drop off location with at least one address for a coupon swap group overseas. These swap groups are organized by our recipients overseas. Most groups have at least ten members (military families).
- No sorting is necessary. Just discard the store and restaurant coupons. Our recipients can only use manufacturer coupons. You do not need to sort by food vs non-food, but you do need to remove coupons that are move than 3 months expired.
- Non-expired coupons can also be sent overseas. However, if you have a lot of non-expired coupons that can be shipped quickly, we have some military families in HI and AK that we try to support (due to the high cost of living).
- Each location is financially responsible for their own shipments. You can contact local American Legions, Veterans support groups, or other charities that can sometimes donate funds to help with the postage.
- Priority Mail flat rate is always the cheapest option, especially if you pack the container full. It is the same postage rate to ship to an overseas APO/FPO address is within the USA. A box takes roughly 3-4 weeks to arrive to an overseas APO/FPO address. An standard envelope takes roughly a week.
- Packing material is available for free from USPS and can even be shipped to your door. USPS Supply Center 1-800-610-8734 or visiting their website: https://www.usps.com/
Does this sound like something you would be interested in? Please fill out the form below and we will respond to your email within 2 business days. Please watch your spam folder for our reply or add email@example.com to your address book.